The MVIS CryptoCompare Digital Assets 10 Index has closed at 5,975.47 with a loss of 0.79% for the day.
At the time of writing, the Bitcoin price is sitting at $7,421 representing a loss of 1.9% in the last 24 hours. More than $750 M worth of BTC were exchanged in the BTC/USD market representing a 21.5% share of the global daily volume. The BTC/JPY pair represents a 56.9% share.
The Ethereum price has risen 0.02% over the past 24 hours and is currently sitting at $590, with over $400 M worth of Ether exchanged in the past 24 hours on the ETH/USD pair which has a 36.6% market share of the daily trading volume.
Monero Unveils Tari - A Second-Layer Protocol
Last Wednesday, Monero has introduced a brand new second-layer protocol that is being developed, called Tari. Tari is an open-source project that will reportedly allow developers to program and issue non-fungible assets and concert tickets over the blockchain and allow users to decide on the level of privacy that they desire for their transactions as well. Project co-founder Naveen Jain stated:
"Tari will fundamentally change the way we interact with digital assets. We are building an amazing team to steward the most useful decentralized platform in existence, empowering anyone to issue, manage, use and transfer their digital assets.”
IOTA & United Nations Agency Partner for Blockchain Transparency
United Nations Agency Partner (UNOPS) and the cryptocurrency startup IOTA have announced a partnership that aims to help UNOPS benefit from IOTA's blockchain and Tangle technologies to improve processes and eliminate the need of middle-men. Yoshiyuki Yamamoto, UNOPS Special Advisor on Blockchain Technology, said:
“We share a vision where machines, devices, sensors and people connect and communicate to each other — it’s the world of ‘Industry 4.0.’ Harnessing technology that allows for these processes to work simultaneously, without the need for intermediaries, will help expedite our mission as an organization.”
Uphold Completes Ripple Ledger Integration
Yesterday, mobile payments startup Uphold stated it had completed integrating the Ripple ledger to its platform. With this enhancement, Uphold clients can now deposit, withdraw and send Ripple through the app. The Uphold Chief Revenue Officer, Robin O'Connell stated:
"Expanding our offering to include full connectivity to the XRP ledger was the clear next step. This space is becoming crowded with new wallets popping up, offering access to cryptos, but, if you read the fine print, they're not selling the actual cryptocurrency and arguably having a negative impact on the market.”
State of Crypto
- Bitcoin is down 1.9% at $7,421.370 with a volume of ?105.3k - $790.2M on the USD pairs.
- Ether is up 1.65% against Bitcoin at ?0.07962 per Ether and up 0.02% against the dollar to $590.56 with average volume ?43.2k on the ETH/BTC pair.
- Bitcoin Cash is up 1.49% to ?0.1361 with volumes of ?24.1k and down 0.46% against the dollar at $1009.97.
- Ripple is up 2.5% to ?0.00008194 with volumes of ?10.8k and up 0.81% against the dollar at $0.6081.
- Zcash is up 2.23% for the day to ?0.03802 per ZEC and up 0.05% against the dollar to $281.64 with an average volume of ?4.4k for the 24 hour period.
- Litecoin is up 0.6% against the dollar for the day at $119.4 and up 2.61% to ?0.01611 on volumes of ?12.8k.
- Dash is down 1.16% at ?0.04449 with ?5.8k volume and down 3.28% against the dollar at $329.84.
- Iota is up 3.79% to ?0.0002028 on ?2.5k volume.
- Ether Classic is up 2.16% to ?0.00203 with volumes of ?6.1k and up 0.27% against the dollar at $15.05.
- Monero is down 3.09% against the dollar at $165.18 and down 1.24% against Bitcoin at ?0.02231 on volumes of ?3.6k.
- Neo is up 2.23% for the day to ?0.007162 per NEO and up 0.7% against the dollar to $53.15 with an average volume of ?3.7k for the 24 hour period.
- Waves is down 0.9% to ?0.000606 on ?2.4k volume.
- Stratis is down 6.42% to ?0.0006811 on ?1.6k volume.
- Cardano is down 0% to ?0.00002667 on ?4.8k volume.
- NEM is up 1.39% to ?0.00003506 on ?687.741 volume.
- EOS is up 11.49% to ?0.001611 on ?33.8k volume.
- Tron is up 1.42% to ?0.0000093 on ?18.1k volume.
- Stellar is up 1.96% to ?0.00003848 on ?2.7k volume
If you would like to post comments! Please log in.